A thin client is a complete desktop virtualization solution that provides a secure computing platform for the enterprise with all the benefits of a centralized management model-offered from a single server.
- A Hardware/Software that runs application on a server, not on desktop.
- Key strokes and mouse click are sent over network to the server to process and give back the result…… (screen).
- Clients can be a low powered PC or a Thin client device.
- They Don’t Have HDD, FDD, CDROMS, Cooling Fans, Very Low Processing Power.
- About 1/3 Size Of PC.
- Works In A Same Way And At Same Speed As Desktop PC.
- Supports GUI And Windows Environment.
- Can Be Configured On As Low As 16Mb Of RAM.
- Same Feel As Working On Any Windows Based OS.
- Remote Computation….Server Takes Care Of All The Processing.
- Works On either Citrix`s ICA or Microsoft’s RDP Protocols (Both Require Only 20Kbps Speed Over Network To Work).
- User Logs On to the Server via Web Portal And A Familiar Windows Base Environment is Replicated On TO Users Screens With Access To Application, Internet, Mail, Drives, Printers, Etc.
Benefits Several point benefits from implementation of K23’s Infrastructure System
- Reduce complexity as all done in one place (Security, Hardware)
- Simplicity, Avoiding the process of installation and maintenance of several Hardware and Software
- Ease of management. All done through a Web-based GUI.
- Ease to Identify a problem because only done in one place (Single Point Of Contact)
- Reducing the cost of technical training. Only learn one product
- There is no fee for the software. All Linux-based Application. No extra charge for additional users (End User).
- Open Platform, can be developed in accordance with company requirements, without the burden of software costs.
Particular to our Thin Client solution, below are key benefits;
- Integrated hardware & software management
- Higher PC data security
- Efficient PC maintenance and support
- Lower PC total cost of ownership
- Faster PC performance
- A green PC solution
- Dramatically Decreases The TCO by 54% to 57%.
- Decreases IT Cost By 80% through Reduced Staff and Centralized Software Management.
- Eliminates The Hardware Upgrades On Client Side.
- Increases End User Productivity. (Limited Access To Authorized Applications & Storage)
- Increased Life Time Of Client. (NO Moving Part ,Less Power Usage)
- No Access To HDD, FDD, CD-ROMS. (Avoids Downloads, installations, Junk Data on to the HDD)
- Reduced Power Consumption.
- Centralized Backup. (Home Directory Mapping)